Friday 18 May 2012

AVG free x86 All 2012

AVG free x86 All 2012


AVG is currently the second most downloaded software in CNET’s Download.com and they have announced the availability of AVG 2012. I have to admit that back in 2008, AVG used to be slow with pretty bad detection but they’ve really improved a lot from 2009 until today. If you look at my antivirus benchmark results, you would notice that AVG is at par with Avira and avast! in terms of performance. Their latest 2012 claims to be 50% smaller download size and faster install time, 45% reduction in disk space on average, 20% less processes and memory usage and 10% faster load time.
AVG Internet Security 2012 users would enjoy two very real product enhancements which is the all-new AVG Accelerator that optimizes your Internet connection and download speeds and AVG Advice which is an activity monitor that makes real-time suggestions to help users maximize their computer’s speed and performance. Instead of just doing an antivirus’ job in protecting your computer, they have gone a step further in improving users’ computer performance.





As a computer technical person, I normally save the antivirus setup installer on my hard drive so that I can install it on my computer when I need to test it. Most antivirus are about 100MB in size and it is a waste of time and bandwidth to redownload it. Although the setup installer will eventually become outdated, I am able to update it to the latest version via the built-in update feature.

The problem I have with AVG is I couldn’t find the AVG Anti-Virus FREE 2012 full redistributable setup installer from the official website. If I click on the download button on AVG 2012 free, it would let me download a small 3.71MB AVG Software Online Installer which requires an active internet connection to download the rest of the files and install.



AVG software installer that requires an Internet connection to download and install AVG 2012.
There is no way to determine a permanent static direct link to the full setup installer because the file name contains version number with a random 5 characters at the end, for example avg_free_x86_all_2012_1796a4455.exe. When the installer gets updated, the file name also changes. The best that I found is the official AVG webpage that links to the full installation setup files. The 32bit (x86) installer is around 150MB+ while the 64bit (x64) is 170MB+. It is very useful to me and I hope it will save you the trouble of digging for the full links in future.


Mediafire Link
 
Password: pakmobileghar



0 comments:

Post a Comment

PAK MOBILE GHAR by Shehroze Ahmed. Powered by Blogger.